Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shrimp Curry is my favorite

Ok I’m sorry, I took a hiatus from thirty and famished and now I’m back and ready to throw some deliciousness at you.  I think I said it before, but I’ll say it again anyways….blogging is hard. Seriously, who has time to sit down and develop a readership AND be creative to boot! I hardly have enough time to cook, let alone blog about cooking. But I've noticed recently several friends ask about the blog and how’s it going, etc, etc. I’m almost ashamed to say “well I haven’t really written much.” But since I’m getting requests, I might as well give you something good.

Curry. The word draws up fond memories of my Grammy’s secret yellow shrimp curry I had growing up. It was a favorite. I requested it at every special occasion, and whenever my mom gave me the choice to pick anything I wanted for dinner.  Now, don’t think Thai Curry Extraordinaire, but rather, working mom American yellow curry on rice. Honestly, it doesn’t matter how much of a foodie I become, NOTHING will ever beet this home-cooked comfort meal.

Get my favorite Shrimp Curry meal from my childhood here: Making it Spicy.

My palate has sophisticated, and so must my shrimp curry. Now I long for creamy coconut curry goodness. This has become a staple in the Stillar household…… I regularly make Thai curry’s and it’s really fun to see what new combinations of flavors and spices I can come up with. One of my favorites is a Thai twist on an old-fashioned favorite….Braised Shrimp in Ginger-Coconut Sauce.

Happy eating!

-Erica Stillar 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Thirty and Famished | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates